Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm BACK!


Watch out!

SO! I haven't posted in this thing in almost a year and Tiff brought it up that I should continue.. but now.. get ready.. it's a critic's blog! Me. Criticizing movies (as if you [all] haven't heard it before). I'm quite good at bitching in general, but I think I would receive an A+ in movie bitching. If there was a class where we just bitched about movies, I would achieve a 1o5.

So last year was 2007 and it was wonderful movie-watching experience.. I actually saw nearly every film I wanted to see and nearly every film nominated for an Oscar. That was my goal so I could rightfully judge the winners and nominees and I will say that I am extremely pleased with the result. And, as everyone knows, Marion Cotillard deserved the Oscar for Best Actress and she got it!

As for the year of 2008... does NOT look promising. Jesus, I hate the period after the Oscars because it's a crapfest of films! The other day I watched THREE - count 'em THREE - trailers that involve poker! Who the hell cares about poker?! One of which is the new film with I-no-longer-have-a-career Keven Spacey ("Don't call me dude") and I-look-pretty-but-not-that-pretty-and-can't-act Kate Bosworth called "21". And why, why Jim Sturgess, are you working in a male suit store and can do amazing math but cannot afford college? Ever heard of an INTERNSHIP?! I guarantee you there are businesses that need mathematicians like you!

I watched "The Hulk" trailer the other day and have to say I was very impressed. I'm not a Hulk fan and - like everyone else - couldn't stand the 10 minutes I saw of Ang Lee's remake of the film a few years ago. But I have to say, the trailer was good. And you can't go wrong with Edward Norton.

Harry Potter news! "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into TWO films. Screw that! WB just wants MONEY. I think it's a terrible idea. Yes, the book was long. Yes, all the books are long. Yes, they cut things out of the books repeatedly. BUT the movies are wonderful. Always enjoyable. I see them as their own art form; the books are different. Better and different. Half the time in Book 7, the trio is hopping around the countryside. And someone - I think David Heyman - said both films might be both 2.5 hours long. KILL ME. How can they do that?! I don't understand it. But we all know that I'm going to go see the movies at midnight and enjoy every second of it and see them both 24324.3423 times in theaters.

As for DVDs.. last week I bought "No Country For Old Men" and LOVED it all over again! I especially love the ending. So many people were pissed but I love it!! And I also rented, watched, and fell in love with "The Darjeeling Limited." I cannot wait to get my hands on that DVD! It's beautiful and hilarious and wonderful!

Okay, I'm off to see "Funny Games" soon! I shall update with my review another day/tonight!

1 comment:

tiffelie said...

I hope you enjoy Funny Games. I watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch yesterday and Michael Pitt is in it. He's so good (and lame, which is what makes him so good).

Huzzah for Marion because she really does deserve it, and I concur whole heartedly with you about Potty. I think a 3 hour movie of DH would suffice.

I hope you keep up with the blog, but remember bitch with reasons to back it up - not for bitching's sake.